Monday, August 27, 2007

Wedding part 6

It was cloudy during the ceremony, but while we were eating cake it started to rain. Luckily we had some canopies set up... Tejas' mom said it's good luck to have rain at a wedding (she is a kind and tactful woman). Shorty was too busy hiding under the table even to beg for cake.

Amber didn't beg either. She was too busy being adored.
We'd agreed that we were going to tango for our first dance...but we knew everyone was expecting a flamboyant stage tango, so that's what we gave them (for ten seconds). :)
Then we did the real tango, to the alternative song "Tango to Evora." (By the way, I made this blue skirt that I'm wearing here. It was my compromise between really wanting something that I had picked out to wear and The Budget. While I did like the other dresses I wore at our two ceremonies, and my mom's choice of one of my old dresses would have been okay for wearing here...this skirt, uglyish though it may be, is my small assertion of independence. I am an adult and I shall choose my own clothes! Fabric, pattern and notions from stash: $0 (original total cost ~$15). Time spent stitching/ironing: ~4 h. Asserting independence in one small detail: priceless!)
My (courtesy) Aunt Sandy and Tejas' brother, here all Oregonized before my dad took him off to play. (Only my family celebrates weddings by flame-toasting the weeds in the driveway and driving four-wheelers around the backyard. Now you see where I get my bumpkin blood.)
(To be continued...)

No comments: