Monday, August 27, 2007

Wedding part 4

The Christian part of our wedding was in Portland, though my parents wanted to know why we couldn't just elope. (We wanted an excuse to see the petses, and Tejas thought it would be unfair and lopsided if we only had a Hindu ceremony.) Shorty liked Aai a lot.

Shorty did not so much like Amber, my grandparents' dog, who came to spend a couple weeks with my parents while the grandparents take a big trip to Alaska. Amber is extremely cute and everyone adores her...until she chews up their dirty underwear. (On the morning of the wedding I tied all our underwear up in bags and put it on high shelves out of sight so Amber wouldn't drag it all over in front of our guests. I am vain, and also easily embarrassed.) Trace-trace pinned flowers to the dogs' collars so they'd at least look sweet and adorable.

Doesn't she look innocent?

I looked pretty stupid (me + dress-up clothes = lumbering disaster) but at least I was happy, right? (I'm not posting the pictures in which I look even more like a dressed-up country hick. I think I've got bumpkin in my blood. Also, you can't see it here, but I was tastefully shod in battered old black flipflops. Tejas nixed my slightly-nicer sandals on the grounds that the 2" heel made me the same height as him.)
Luckily, I wasn't the only one doing silly things. :)
We'd gone down to Sauvie Island the day before and U-picked flowers (one bucket for $10, wahoo!). They were gorgeous...and also extremely profuse. You can stuff a heck of a lot of flowers in a bucket. We had flowers EVERYWHERE.
(To be continued...)

No comments: