Monday, June 4, 2007

Testing, testing 1-2-3!

Hello? Hello?

As you guys might have seen, I'm switching to here because a) I feel like it and b) you can find the livejournal one too easily, leading me to neurotic fears of being fired from the lab because I complained about making growth curves or something. So this is my new blog, which will probably not be updated any more often than the old one, unless I get a lot less lazy. But you never know. Maybe I can figure out how to put those "percent project completed" thingies in the sidebar and shame myself into finishing a few things.

Lemon and chives refers to my lovely, lovely balcony at The Hobbit Hole, which suffers from the unfortunate drawback of not being located in Portland or at least in the woods. However, it does have a nice lemon tree downstairs (not mine, but nobody else picks the lemons, so it might as well be--and I want one of my own for the balcony!), chives that grow an inch a day, and a pot of herbs that I can't bring myself to use. Sage and dill because I don't really know what to do with them, cilantro because it became Cilantrozilla and grew four feet tall and bloomed--have to go wack off some usable bits today, really I do--lemon thyme because I have lemons, and johnny-jump-up violets because they are way, way too cute to eat.

Anyhoo, because I'm paranoid and neurotic (seriously. Ask anyone in the lab. I double check EVERYTHING, and I still make stupid mistakes.), I haven't decided if I'm using my name on this blog yet, or my fiance's, since, y'know, we have kind of an unusual combination. So for now, he will be DF for dear fiance, and I'll just be me.

No comments: