Thursday, June 28, 2007

Countdown.

We're getting married in exactly one month.

(Eeeeeeeeeek! :) Just kidding.)

I always kind of figured I'd be one of those old spinster ladies who live in a gingerbread victorian house by themselves with about fifty zillion cats. I mean, boys can be nice and all, but I'd never met one I could put up with for more than a couple hours or at most a couple days, let alone fifty years. Also, I'm a recluse at heart. I like to have lots of quiet time reading or knitting or walking, I don't particularly like playing board games or sports or anything like that, and I'm sure as heck not a good-little-wifey sort of girl. (See: dusting twice a year if the house is lucky; being unfond of cooking, much.) I don't suffer fools or foolishness gladly, I never was very good at keeping my opinion to myself if I disagree with someone else, and I lose my temper over little things pretty often. And lord knows I'm not a paragon, but in these latter, less kindly years (aka anything past age 21) I would not put up with any boy calling me his for long unless he was the soul of honor and compassion. Crushes, smushes...it's fun to have crushes, but the funnest part is that one doesn't feel compelled to do anything about them.

But, you know....somehow I'm not too upset about giving up my crazy-cat-lady future. Tejas is just too nice to have around to trade for a bunch of furballs. :)

(Note: Since we're having two weddings and (Tejas' parents threaten) a reception in India, we're electing Oct. 13th as our official anniversary in future years. It was the day we first kissed, the day we got engaged, and it was when we intended to get married. The arrangements didn't quite work out, but oh well. Forget the welter of other dates; Oct. 13th it is.)

No comments: