Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ravelry

Have you knitterfolks checked out ravelry.com? I forget where I heard about it, but I signed up to test the beta version, and it's so cool! You can put in your stash info (excellent for keeping track of destashing and trying to remember how many balls of something you have, if you're a ditz like me and paper lists don't really cut it). People can put in their current project info--just because, I guess--and then when other people (like me) search for a pattern or yarn, it pulls up all that project info and their reviews. THIS IS SO AWESOME. I hate trying to search the web for a pattern or yarn, trying to find out if it's as good as it looks or if it has some hidden flaw that will make me despise it with the fiery passion of a thousand suns. And I hate it when I write down the name of a pattern that looked really cool and then can't remember what website it was on. But here! You can just search! And up it pops!

Okay, so I don't really know if I'll use it that much, but hey! It's a really nice idea!

1 comment:

Amy Wilson said...

I would really like to get in on Ravelry, but the beta-tester list is SO LONG. I plan on jumping in when it's not the hot new thing anymore. I especially like the sound of the pattern-search function - you can actually see how the pattern turns out when knit by real people! Amazing!